4.24.2011

Sing to me darling. 4.24.11

Bonjour,

There's something about the french language that's so darn appealing to me. Add a beautiful woman and a catchy melody and I'm sold.

Francoise Hardy was one of the original pioneers of the ye-ye music movement in France in the 1960's. Young, sexy, and confident she signed on with Vogue records in 1961 and went on to release her first major hit, Tous le garcons et les filles, that same year. Throughout the 60's and 70's, she released chart-topping hits and further cemented her status among the elite French-pop artists of our time. Hardy was also very influential in the early french couture fashion scene, and was seen as a public fashion icon.

Comment Te Dire Adieu (How Can I Tell You Goodbye) is a catchy song with simple, meaningful lyrics:

"I don't want to react badly without any pretext. You need to explain to me how to tell you goodbye.
My silex heart is flammable, my pyrex heart is fire-resistant. I'm so confused; I don't want to get used to goodbyes."

It's no wonder this song was a hit. Everyone can relate to what's being said. What's more, the lyrics are put to music with a constant, driving beat and an almost naively upbeat musical accompaniment. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment