4.01.2011

April Foo's Day. 4.1.11

Happy April Fool's day everybody,

It was a stressful week and I'm so glad it's the weekend. Thought I'd bring you a song that always seems to cheer me up. It's called "Cold Day In The Sun" by the Foo Fighters. The lyrics in this song are actually quite melancholy but the beat and chordal patterns make it pretty uplifting, which makes me think that the band wanted us (the listeners) to know that there would be some hope for the person mentioned in the lyrics. The singer and lead guitarist, Dave Grohl, was originally the drummer for Nirvana. In a fun twist Grohl lets his drummer, Taylor Hawkins, sing the lead part in this song with Grohl taking a more backseat role. I think it's a really great switch-up and Foo Fighters should really let Hawkins sing more often.

This is form their Skin and Bones DVD. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment