3.28.2011

Food for thought. 3.28.11

Oh hey,

Mission complete: Apartment fully cleaned and smelling like a fresh can of febreeze (ah!).

UB40 (Unemplyment Benefit, Form 40) is a band that was always on in the background when I was a kid, especially the song "Red, Red Wine". My mom and I used to dance to that song, and she'd twirl me up in the air and back down again. Very good memories needless to say.

The band was formed in 1978 out of England. They've had so many chart topping hits (I think 40 or so) that any person who was born in the fifties or sixties will automatically start singing along to songs of theirs. They started out as mostly a pure reggae band but transitioned to pop covers in the style of reggae, which ended up serving them well because these were the songs that became popular chart-toppers. Call me crazy but I still think they're earlier albums are better.

Here is a track off of their debut album Signing Off called "Food For Thought". Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment